Apprentice DevOps Engineer
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive applicant to join our existing DevOps team, to help support our software solutions. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
How to Apply – Click here to go to the National Apprenticeship Website
Closing Date – 31st March 2021
‘DevOps’, brings together software development and operations engineers, to collaborate on service lifecycles. This way, organizations can create efficient and reliable platforms for product deployment.
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll help create environments for technology projects, and make sure products remain available once they’re deployed to production. You’ll be involved in scaling applications and find yourself working on a wide range of technology projects with our clients.
- Monitoring systems hosted within Azure
- Assisting with troubleshooting issues that arise
- Streamlining existing processes to make them more efficient and resilient
- Maintaining infrastructure-as-a-code templates
- Reviewing security and access rights
Requirements and prospects
- Prioritisation and organisational skills
- Clear and transparent communication
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Excellent team player, but also able to work independently
- Decision Making
- Experience managing network stacks
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Scripting skills – Bash / Python
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux/Unix environments
- Configuration Management Tools
- Containerisation Tools
- Cloud Technologies (Azure based preferable)
- A love for technology and its application
- Presentable, professional, and punctual
- Able to use initiative
STEM qualification and /or A level in STEM related subject.
Possibility of permanent employment following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Will be working predominantly remotely.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Annual wage – £18,000.00 – £18,500.00
Working week -Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm
Total hours per week: 40.00
Expected duration -12 months
Possible start date -05 Apr 2021
Apprenticeship level – Higher
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Reference number – VAC001677024
Positions -1 available