IT Application Specialist Apprentice
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive apprentice to join the existing Implementations team, to provide technical consultancy for new clients from the initial point of sale to implementation and to provide technical support to their system until handover to the main support team.
- Determine whether client environments are suitable for the deployment of our products and bespoke elements
- Plan and carry out software installations on client’s networks including the server and client computers.
- Provide technical consultancy both internally and externally to ensure that requirements are being met with the initial installation.
- Collaborate with the Project Managers, providing insight into the technical side of software implementation
- Maintain a line of communication to the client, keeping them up to date with ongoing work
- Hand over completed implementations to the support team
- Assist the main support team with technical support cases when required.
Requirements and prospects
- Good understanding of Windows Server 2012 onwards
- Good understanding of Windows 7 onwards
- Excellent IT skills
- Hardware experience
- Basic Network experience
- SQL (Desirable but not essential)
- Microsoft Office
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows.
- Understanding of networking.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Confidence in communicating with others.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work on their own
- Good Communication skills
- Good Phone manner
- English, grade A*-C or 9-4, or equivalent.
- Maths GCSE, grade A*-C or 9-4, or equivalent.
- An ICT qualification (At least GNVQ level, or equivalent).
Possibility of permanent employment following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- The office is based in Swindon.
- Annual Salary of £15,000
- Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm. Total hours per week: 40.00
- Possible start date of 01 Aug 2019
- Apprenticeship level – Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
How to apply:
Please click here to submit an application.
Applications close on 21st July
We are a software development company which specialises in developing Time & Attendance and Payroll Software.